Ukraine to announce mandatory evacuation of children from parts of Zaporizhzhia Oblast
Ukraine will announce later on Aug. 28 the mandatory evacuation of children from two front-line districts of Zaporizhzhia Oblast, Deputy Prime Minister for Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories Iryna Vereshchuk said on television.
"Today we will have a meeting of the evacuation headquarters, where we will announce a mandatory evacuation of children from two districts of Zaporizhzhia Oblast: the Vasylivka and Polohy districts," Vereshchuk said.
"We have to evacuate 54 children from five settlements," she added.
The official noted that there is already mandatory evacuation of children underway in the Vovchansk community in the Kupiansk district of Kharkiv Oblast, as well as in Donetsk Oblast.
According to Governor Pavlo Kyrylenko, there are 89 children still living in the front-line settlements of Donetsk Oblast after officials announced the mandatory evacuation of minors from nine settlements in the area earlier in August.
Death toll of Russian attack against Poltava Oblast rises to 3
Rescuers have found another person's body under the rubble of an industrial facility in Poltava Oblast, the regional governor Dmytro Lunin reported on Aug. 28.
This brings the total death toll of Russia's overnight missile strike to three. The search continues for one more person under the rubble, according to Lunin.
"A great loss for all of us. We express our condolences to the relatives and friends of the deceased. The enemy will surely be punished!" the official added.
Lunin didn't clarify how many people are known to have been wounded.
Presidential Office head Andriy Yermak said that five people had sustained injuries in the attack on the industrial facility in the Hoholeve, Myrhorod district village.
Hoholeve lies around 50 kilometers northwest of Poltava, the capital of Ukraine's east-central Poltava Oblast, which is rarely subjected to Russian attacks.
According to the Air Force, Russia launched four Kalibr cruise missiles and two X-59 guided aerial missiles at Ukraine overnight on Aug. 28. Two Kalibr missiles and all the X-59 ones were reportedly shot down.
One killed, one injured in Russian attack on Kherson Oblast village
Russian troops struck the village of Sadove in Ukraine’s southern Kherson Oblast at around 10:40 a.m. local time on Aug. 28, reported Governor Oleksandr Prokudin.
The attack hit a residential building, killing a 63-year-old woman on the spot, according to Prokudin.
A 58-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition with abdominal and leg injuries, the oblast governor said on Telegram.
Sadove lies on the Kyiv-controlled west bank of the Dnipro River, some 20 kilometers east of the regional capital.
Earlier the same day, Prokudin wrote that Russia had launched 69 attacks against Kherson Oblast on Aug. 27, firing 395 projectiles from various weapons.
One person was reportedly killed in the region, and two more were wounded.
Kherson and other settlements on the river’s west bank have been subjected to daily Russian attacks since they were liberated in November 2022.
Russian forces were pushed to the river's east bank, where they have since been firing at the liberated territories, regularly resulting in civilian deaths and injuries.